Friday, February 12, 2010

I am surrounded by so much beauty

I was watching several church-made inspirational films and I re-read 3 Nephi 17 when Christ blessed the children. I was touched by these verses and personally felt God's love for us when I watched it. I want so much to be closer to God and understand the scriptures more completely. It can be so easy to become distracted and fall into temptation. I am so glad I am at BYU-Idaho going to school. I have learned so much about my faith and my personal love for God and this church. I look around and see so much beauty; beauty that God put on this earth for me to enjoy and appreciate. These simple thoughts and experiences mean so much to me. I try to think about things more. Subtle things; things that others might not realize at first. I noticed the other day, how beautiful our temple looks on the hill. It was white and standing high on the top of a hill on campus. It was snowing at the time, and I couldn't help but stop and appreciate the beauty of the sacred place. I am also becoming particularly fond of the hymn, "Nearer my God to Thee." It is such a beautiful hymn. I like the piano version by paul cardall.

I am in a small struggle right now, I feel that I should delete most of my music from my computer. The music that I have really isn't uplifting in any way, and I think probably the most detrimental thing in my life right now. I listen to hard, angry music when I lift. It propels my lifts to be harder and more intense, but at what cost? I don't think that God would want me listening to that kind of music, but its hard to just delete all of it from my hard drive. I am struggling with this. I know its the right thing to do, but it is hard to do...

No comments: