Saturday, April 11, 2009

BYU-Idaho

I was recently accepted into BYU-Idaho and plan on beginning classes in September of 2009. I am on the winter/spring track, which means I have full time classes during winter and spring semesters only. I can take evening or online courses but I’m not sure if I want to pursue that option yet. I am looking into the prospective missionary program right now which is a program for prospective missionaries who are on the winter/spring track, and have a birthday between Nov. 1st and April 30th. Basically, it’s a way for people who are going on a mission to complete as many classes as possible before they receive their mission call. I’m hoping I can finish winter semester too though because I probably won’t get my mission call until, at the earliest, February of 2010, so hopefully I won’t have to report to the MTC until after finals (last day of winter semester is April 10th).

Through the PMP I’ll take several religious classes and a communication class as part of a core mission preparation course which will help prepare for a mission. The courses are:

Religion 130 - Mission Preparation (2 credits)
Religion 221 - Book of Mormon for Prospective Missionaries (4 credits)
Communication 150 - Interpersonal Theory and Practice (3 credits)

I didn’t even really know about this program until I read my acceptance letter which mentioned it, which is surprising because I was all over the BYU-Idaho site when I was researching for my essay and application.

I’m still doing everything I can with financial aid. I’m almost done with my FAFSA application so once I finish that I should be able to register for the PMP and classes for fall semester in June..

No comments: